Current Stats

Total weight lifted 2015: 3.6 M lbs
('14-6.5M, '13-6.6M, '12-8M, '11-5.2M)
Total cardio logged 2015: 22.0 hours
Current body weight 301 lbs, Height 6'8

Here's my lifting progress!






Progress!

Progress!

Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Cardio, Plyometrics and Stretching

I still have limited use of my arms due to forearm pulls/tears/splits or whatever I happen to have going on currently.  Due to the lack of arm availability, I focused on cardio.  I upped the pace there about 40% more than normal and got my heart rate up the whole time (24 minutes - odd amount!).

After cardio I moved on to plyometrics.  I did stationary jumping:

To a platform and back down
Explosive jumps with knees to chest
Explosive jumps with butt kicks
Quick cone style pattern jumping
One-legged pattern jumping

This added some extra cardio along with some motions I don't often hit.  Plyometrics are great for explosiveness, as well as overall body balance and athleticism, which are all critical components of strongman.

I also hit my token shoulder work in a modified way using no extra weights and instead focusing on correct motions, sustained flex, and negatives.  I ultimately felt the same burn, and since I can't hold weights right now, it is my only option.

I tied up the workout stretching for nearly 20 minutes.  My flexibility is non-existent and I've got to continue to work on this, or my strength will plateau without a doubt!

As always, thank you for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment