Current Stats

Total weight lifted 2015: 3.6 M lbs
('14-6.5M, '13-6.6M, '12-8M, '11-5.2M)
Total cardio logged 2015: 22.0 hours
Current body weight 301 lbs, Height 6'8

Here's my lifting progress!






Progress!

Progress!

Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Diet and catching-up

It has been too long...

We were in Europe for 2 weeks, and had a couple injuries, but there is no excuse for not keeping a record of what I've been doing.

About a month ago, I spent an entire Saturday working the yoke, on a yoke that I really don't like.  I ended up hurting my back and overworking the CNS.  That made it almost impossible for me to lift going into our trip, and it wasn't until the middle of last week that my back finally started to feel better.

I basically didn't lift for the better part of a month, and I felt it yesterday when I benched.

That said, I did carry kids all over Europe and log a ton of cardio (ish), but proper lifting, very little.

Yesterday was a lackluster bench day with flat up to 275 x 4, where I stopped because my elbow pinched on me.  We then did 4 sets across on 225 on incline, then finished with some DB work and triceps burnouts.  I'm sore today, but it was a pretty easy lift.

I wanted to highlight my breakfast, today, as I'm back on the wagon of focusing on my diet.  If I don't, I feel it.  So I started the day with a bunch of water as my hydration levels stink, then tried to get 100 grams of protein with breakfast:

4 oz of steak - est. 24 grams of protein
2 slices whole wheat bread - 12 grams of protein
Power shake concoction: 77 grams of protein
MusclePharm Whey Protein Isolate - 40 grams
2 glasses skim milk - 16 grams
2 large scoops peanut butter - 14 grams
1 serving chia seeds - 3 grams
malted milk - 4 grams

I'm off to a good start with just over 110 grams of protein.  Now it is time for vitamins, EFAs and some BCAAs.  I'm planning to squat today, so I've got to find some energy somewhere as I'm still terribly jet-lagged.  The last 4 nights amounted to roughly 2 nights of normal sleep...not fun.

Anyway, thanks for reading, and here's to me posting a bit more frequently!

No comments:

Post a Comment