Current Stats

Total weight lifted 2015: 3.6 M lbs
('14-6.5M, '13-6.6M, '12-8M, '11-5.2M)
Total cardio logged 2015: 22.0 hours
Current body weight 301 lbs, Height 6'8

Here's my lifting progress!






Progress!

Progress!

Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Lifting injured

Lifting injured...I'm doing what I can.  It isn't a lot, and it isn't heavy, but I'm moving and hitting some things that I need to hit to not lose too much ground.

Monday I hit overhead, and managed to work up to 165 x 2 x 3.  I hit 110 total reps of overhead, working up to that weight.  It never "hurt", but I felt my injured oblique the whole time.

Yesterday I got after some squats (SKWAATS!), and worked up to 335 x 2 x 2.  Fortunately I still moved the weight easily, even though I had to be careful and not over-engage my lower-back muscles.  I worked in some curls and a bunch of grip.

Tonight, to fill in some gaps, I hit calf raises, and to cross a mental gap, I worked up to 405 x 6 x 2.  It felt fine, but I could also feel the oblique the whole time.  The injury is healing, but I'm constantly reminded it is there.  I was also able to hit some cable rows and light shoulder work.

I've been stretching, consistently, and have also done some cardio in the past week.  Considering the circumstances, I'm happy with my progress.

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment