Current Stats

Total weight lifted 2015: 3.6 M lbs
('14-6.5M, '13-6.6M, '12-8M, '11-5.2M)
Total cardio logged 2015: 22.0 hours
Current body weight 301 lbs, Height 6'8

Here's my lifting progress!






Progress!

Progress!

Thursday, September 26, 2013

Overhead and tire flipping

I've gotten beyond behind on my blogging!  This week has been an odd one.  I'm now a soccer coach to my daughter's 4 year old team which is a good time, but has changed our workout schedule.  On Monday, my neck was so sore that while Brian did Farmer's Deadlift, I just stretched and rolled-out.  On Tuesday I got a massage and did some very light shoulder/upper back work.

Yesterday I finally lifted.  I made sure to get loose to get the knot out of my neck (Tiger Balm is a big help there, too).  We started with overhead press where I built up to 225 x 2, and then did two back-off sets for 10 reps on 155 and then on plates, with a long lockout hold at the end.  Both my shoulders and triceps are feeling it today.

After the pressing we went over to the local high school and I flipped a 600 lb. tire about 25 times.  This tire is easy on a basis of weight but the grips are beyond difficult and yesterday it had been raining, so it made it very hard to flip.

That was the full lift.  Today I'm off to the Olympia for business, but hope to catch some of America's Strongest Man while I'm down there.  Our friend Van won't be competing this year as his daughter is battling cancer, but we look forward to him going after it again next year when his daughter is hopefully healthy!

I'm going to try to get some video/pictures of the show for my next post, so stay tuned.

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment