Current Stats

Total weight lifted 2015: 3.6 M lbs
('14-6.5M, '13-6.6M, '12-8M, '11-5.2M)
Total cardio logged 2015: 22.0 hours
Current body weight 301 lbs, Height 6'8

Here's my lifting progress!






Progress!

Progress!

Monday, January 20, 2014

Conan's Wheel

I tried the Conan's Wheel for the first time ever this weekend.  The apparatus belongs to Van Hatfield, who, as I understand it, hates it, and considers it his worst event.  After my first attempt, I have to concur that I'm not a fan.  I did it, though.  I'd seen it enough on World's Strongest Man, that I knew, roughly, what I was doing and could figure it out on the fly.  I never did get comfortable, though.  I'm guessing this is the sort of thing we'll do once a quarter, or thereabouts, because it is taxing, and not a common event in strongman, these days.

We ended up doing 4 sets, working from 300's up to around 700 lbs.  I left with the sorest biceps I've ever had, and my forearms, where the bar rests, felt, and still feel, obliterated.  Education!

We then did the super yoke, but I stayed light and only went up to mid 500's.  I basically ran with it, though, so I'm pretty happy with how my yoke is sitting right now.

We lifted with the better part of a dozen people, so didn't get through that many sets, but met some new people that are into the sport, and had a good time. 

Moving forward, Brian and I are going to focus on gym lifts with one event day each week, and 1-2 sessions with the larger group each month.  I think this will help us sort our weaknesses and continue to improve, while keeping a relatively close tie with our counterparts, and still remaining familiar with the implements.

That's it for today - thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment