Current Stats

Total weight lifted 2015: 3.6 M lbs
('14-6.5M, '13-6.6M, '12-8M, '11-5.2M)
Total cardio logged 2015: 22.0 hours
Current body weight 301 lbs, Height 6'8

Here's my lifting progress!






Progress!

Progress!

Monday, October 24, 2011

Bench day

I decided to go for a bench day today.  It felt ok...I did not go heavy, so hard to tell how I'm doing, but depending on my elbow placement, I felt it more/less in my shoulder.  Using a standard powerlifter grip and elbow placement, I felt it less than with a normal rep.  However, I found that going down and leaving about 3 inches between the bar and my chest was the best route with a normal grip.  I also worked in quite a bit of stretching and rounded out with some abs and calves:

Flat bench - 300 reps on 120
Calf raises - 50 reps on 120
Abs - 60 total reps of leg raises to perpendicular
Stretch - 10 minutes (including two x one minute sets of hangers)

51,000 lbs

I may have to bench again tomorrow with the people I train, so I didn't want to wear myself out completely, and should be good for a similar lift tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment