Current Stats

Total weight lifted 2015: 3.6 M lbs
('14-6.5M, '13-6.6M, '12-8M, '11-5.2M)
Total cardio logged 2015: 22.0 hours
Current body weight 301 lbs, Height 6'8

Here's my lifting progress!






Progress!

Progress!

Thursday, December 20, 2012

A brand new lift!

I've "invented" a new lift to help my training.  I call it, pick the bar up and stand with it for an extended period of time.  I basically take the axle, load it with a reasonable amount of weight and hold it in the front pressing position off my shoulders.  I did this for 5 minutes yesterday really to start to get a better feel for having weight in that position.  When I'm log pressing, it just feels heavy, makes it hard to breathe and really gets in my head, so I'm hoping this tactic will combat that somewhat.  While my shoulder make-up isn't that conducive to pressing like this, there is room for improvement!

In addition to the 5 minutes of front holding that I did, here is the rest of the lift, carried out around 10 pm last night, so a lackluster performance:

15 minutes of stretching
Thinker curls 30s x 10 x 3 sets, 40s x 10 x 3 sets
Thinker hammer curls 40s x 12 x 3 sets (come to rest on shoulder at top)
Bar holds for grip (overhand and reverse)
Standing decline presses with purple bands 2 sets of 20
Some abs

I also really like what I did in the way of standing decline pressing.  It works out to feel like a combination of decline bench and a decline fly all in one, as you press from the back but can then pull together in front as you are using bands...good lift!

With that, I'm hoping to have some energy for today and hit a squat workout.  I'll post on that later if I have time to make it happen!

No comments:

Post a Comment