Current Stats

Total weight lifted 2015: 3.6 M lbs
('14-6.5M, '13-6.6M, '12-8M, '11-5.2M)
Total cardio logged 2015: 22.0 hours
Current body weight 301 lbs, Height 6'8

Here's my lifting progress!






Progress!

Progress!

Saturday, December 8, 2012

Still sick...

I had something bad to eat this week and it has been plaguing me for the last 3 days!  I couldn't make it to Van's workout today with Brian and company, so I did what I could at home.  I focused on hands and shoulders:

1750 total shoulder reps
     1,500 with cords and 250 with kettlebells
200 total reps on the Captains of Crush trainer
6 minutes per hand palming a 6 lb medicine ball
450 total reps of abs
A bunch of stretching

I also worked in some cardio to keep pace with my weekly goal.

Not much of a strongman workout, but it keeps my shoulders healthy, and hands are critical to everything I do.  Cardio has pros and cons as I feel it makes me lose weight and strength, but without sufficient cardio, you can't succeed at strongman.  There is a balance in all of this that I'm still trying to figure out, and I am getting better, so even if I haven't found the apex of strongman training routines, I think I'm doing pretty well!

I got some interesting instruction from some old 80's videos of Kazmaier training that I found on Youtube.  I'm looking forward to implementing his triceps routine in hopes of getting a better log press here soon!

With that, thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment