Current Stats

Total weight lifted 2015: 3.6 M lbs
('14-6.5M, '13-6.6M, '12-8M, '11-5.2M)
Total cardio logged 2015: 22.0 hours
Current body weight 301 lbs, Height 6'8

Here's my lifting progress!






Progress!

Progress!

Sunday, December 16, 2012

Heavy Event Training - 700 lb farmer's carry!!!

I trained yesterday with Brian and Van in Mapleton at the local crossfit gym where Van has set-up shop.  We hit a couple events and tied up with deadlift.  Here is a video of a painful PR for me on farmer's carry - 700+ lbs!!!


And here was the workout:

Log press - 100 lbs up to 255 lbs
       I'm still having difficulty on the lockout, but let's give it time
       My cleans are coming along well - no issues getting to my shoulders!
Farmer's carry - 460 lbs up to 700+ lbs (estimating just over 700!)
       Multiple sets; speed on lighter weights, getting thru it on 700
       Hands performed well, now just need to improve balance and speed on heavy carries
Deadlift overhand on axle to grip failure
       145 x 3, 255 x 2, 300 x 1, 345 x 1, 390 - made it halfway and grip failed
       390 lbs x 10 reps using straps, once grip failed

I left feeling pretty beat up, but I'm thrilled because I'm getting a lot stronger.  My back has gained quite a bit, cleans are much better, speed is up on yoke and farmers.  My shoulders continue to hold me back as I can't put my arms back far enough when extended overhead...more stretching I guess.

With that, thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment