Current Stats

Total weight lifted 2015: 3.6 M lbs
('14-6.5M, '13-6.6M, '12-8M, '11-5.2M)
Total cardio logged 2015: 22.0 hours
Current body weight 301 lbs, Height 6'8

Here's my lifting progress!






Progress!

Progress!

Thursday, June 26, 2014

Traveling

Not sure about you, but when traveling, it gets really hard to get a workout in!  I've been on the road for the past week for work, and all I could muster was some light work in the pool and some cardio.  That's why I haven't been updating the blog for the past week, as there was nothing to report.

Yesterday turned out to be a pretty bad work day, so when I got to lift, it was a nice break and gave me some motivation to throw the weight around.  I actually went for a 615 lb pull on the axle, but couldn't seem to get it past my knees.  I take solace in the fact that it did come up off the ground, especially since I was tight through my hamstrings due to a week of "inactivity".  Progress is slow and hard-fought, but it keeps coming!  6 months ago, that wouldn't have budged. 

I've decided to start highlighting some of the nutritional choices I'm making.  I'm not a nut about things, so focus mainly on protein and not eating too much junk.  Yesterday, I consumed about 190 grams of protein and took the following supplements:
  1. MusclePharm Glutamine
  2. MusclePharm Amino1
  3. Arnold Series Iron CRE3 (1-3 taken together)
  4. MusclePharm BCAA 3:1:2
  5. VisionPlus Eye Multi-Vitamin and Antioxidant
  6. Salmon Oil softgels (3 grams of oil)
  7. CoQ10 (4-7 taken together)
  8. Arnold Series Iron Whey - Chocolate (2 servings)
  9. Assault - Pineapple Mango
Amino1

I had a blend of the glutamine, creatine and Amino1 to try to get hydrated before my lift (a few hours before).  I sipped the protein in the afternoon as I had a solid breakfast.  Lunch was two peanut butter and honey sandwiches, banana and yogurt, so I needed the shake.  As for Assault, I don't always take a pre-workout, but yesterday I needed it!  Dinner had a ton of milk and a good amount of turkey, so didn't need a second shake.

Around lunch I took the VisionPlus multi (which I actually manufacture), the BCAA, Salmon Oil and CoQ10.  I mix-up what I take at this time each day.  I cycle a few different multis, don't always do the BCAA, and use different Essential Fatty Acids (EFAs).  I'm a firm believer in variation while still targeting specific nutrition levels/standards.

Lifting is a key part of my efforts to get stronger, but equally important are sleeping enough (which I never do with 3 kids!), eating enough (and eating the right things), and drinking enough.  All 3 things are tough for me, but I do my best.  That said, as time allows, I'm going to try to incorporate a nutritional overview in my posts, if for nothing else than to be a good record for myself!

And here is yesterday's workout:
Weight Reps
Warm-ups and stretch
Deadlift axle 135 10
135 10
245 2
295 2
405 3
495 1
545 1
all attempts only 615 3
405 10
Axle rows 135 15
135 15
Band rows high 150 20
150 20
Band rows low 150 20
150 20
Stretch and cool-down

1 comment:

  1. I like the nutrition inclusion, and I think it's interesting to see what you're taking each day.

    ReplyDelete