Current Stats

Total weight lifted 2015: 3.6 M lbs
('14-6.5M, '13-6.6M, '12-8M, '11-5.2M)
Total cardio logged 2015: 22.0 hours
Current body weight 301 lbs, Height 6'8

Here's my lifting progress!






Progress!

Progress!

Thursday, July 17, 2014

Squatting Sick

I've been the rounds for the past couple of days with a stomach issue.  I feel weak, I'm definitely dehydrated (as I couldn't keep anything down yesterday), and I've now missed two lifts this week because of it.

This morning, while not really fully recovered, I had to tackle the day...lots of meetings, so I was out of the house.  I made sure to eat something first thing, ingesting about 30 grams of protein.  I also drank an amino shake and forced the fluids.  By 10 am, I'd had over 100 ounces of fluids, in total...but was still thirsty!

I had a protein-heavy lunch with 10 ounces of beef, and ate another 6 ounces of beef jerky during the morning.  In all, I've had about 150 grams of protein, all before dinner.

I've continued to push the fluids, took my vitamins, and had another amino shake.  Although still not feeling well, Brian was coming over, so we had to lift something.  He's coming off of a staph infection, so he isn't 100% either.  We decided to do some light squat, so here is what I hit (no belt, no supports):

Weight Reps
Warm-up and stretch
Squat 45 20
135 10
185 8
235 6
275 4
385 4
Cool-down and stretch
15 min cardio

The last set about did me in.  I'm pushing the fluids again, and calling a 385x4 good enough for a day after food poisoning, or whatever I happened to have.

I'm hoping for a solid lift on Saturday, and that tomorrow will allow me to get back to being myself!

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment