Current Stats

Total weight lifted 2015: 3.6 M lbs
('14-6.5M, '13-6.6M, '12-8M, '11-5.2M)
Total cardio logged 2015: 22.0 hours
Current body weight 301 lbs, Height 6'8

Here's my lifting progress!






Progress!

Progress!

Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Staying Hydrated

I'm having a bit of a stomach issue, today, and since I obviously won't be lifting, I thought I'd address something relevant to my training: Hydration.

For me, hydration is incredibly critical.  When I don't hydrate sufficiently, muscles cramp-up easily, and when you are trying to move huge amounts of weight, it makes things nearly impossible.

I find that my hydration efforts, day-of, while important, are less important than the day/s prior, to the workout.  It is something for daily maintenance, and within a specific day, I have to make sure I'm drinking regularly.  That drinking consists of water, juice and milk, and I try to limit my intake of soda.  Drinking too much at once leads to a quick exit on the fluids, so slow and steady wins the course. 

Liquids are important, but equally vital are vitamins/minerals and good old salt.  Without enough of those, delivering consistently to the muscles, your hydration level won't be where it needs to be for high-level training.  I also like to make sure my amino acids intake is consistent and sufficient.

In addition to cramping, not being sufficiently hydrated leads to not-ideal blood composition and can lead to heart issues.  Definitely not something you want to be worrying about!  Personally, I can get dizzy if I'm not hydrated...not fun!

When you aren't feeling well, like today for me, you drink what you can and call it good.  Today, my crutch is a cranberry slushy from Sonic!  :)

As soon as I stabilize, though, I'll be hitting some MusclePharm Amino1, MusclePharm Combat and VisionPlus to get the nutrients I need back into my system...so I can lift tomorrow.

Make sure you are consistently hydrating!  Thanks for reading!  Check back tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. Very informative and good to remember! You're welcome for the slush ;-)

    ReplyDelete