Current Stats

Total weight lifted 2015: 3.6 M lbs
('14-6.5M, '13-6.6M, '12-8M, '11-5.2M)
Total cardio logged 2015: 22.0 hours
Current body weight 301 lbs, Height 6'8

Here's my lifting progress!






Progress!

Progress!

Monday, July 28, 2014

Strongman event training

Saturday was a long-overdue day of event training for strongman.  We went somewhat early to avoid the heat, so my supplementation consisted of a Combat Strawberry Cheesecake protein shake and some water, to get going.  Since we were outdoors, and doing heavier cardio-type stuff, I decided not to take a pre-workout, or any amino.

We did 2 sets of uphill truck-pull using a dodge 2500 series truck - this was brutal.

We also did some volume throwing a 30 lb keg for reps.  I'd never done this before, so it was surprising how much it taxes your cardio, and how well I could throw it.  Here is a quick video:


It wasn't a long workout, but I was still sore that night.

Today, the plan is to work on my clean & jerk.  I watched Rich Froning and Co. doing the Crossfit Games finals yesterday, and I'm embarrassed to admit as a strongman that all the guys in the finals can both out-clean me and out-press me!  Time to get to work!

No comments:

Post a Comment