Current Stats

Total weight lifted 2015: 3.6 M lbs
('14-6.5M, '13-6.6M, '12-8M, '11-5.2M)
Total cardio logged 2015: 22.0 hours
Current body weight 301 lbs, Height 6'8

Here's my lifting progress!






Progress!

Progress!

Friday, November 23, 2012

All about stretching...and ice

So I quite nearly broke down and got a massage today.  Fortunately for my wallet, the few places I tried were closed or booked-up! :)

I did the next best thing which was my workout as follows:

1.5 miles jogging
Full body stretch for 40 minutes!
15 minutes on the roller
       Heavy back focus to work on some knots
       A very uncomfortable roll for my abductors and outer hips
       A bit of everything else from the feet up to the neck

I feel really good right now.  My abductors aren't bothering me terribly, so I am getting better.  I do need to continue to be careful though.

I really need a day like this every week, and need to make it a goal to ensure it gets worked in.  While I'm definitely improving at all my lifts, I'd bet a dime to a dollar that I'm holding myself back a bit by not treating myself well enough in between lifts.  Without proper recovery, sustained gains will be difficult.

I also place quite a bit of emphasis on ice - a gift from the heavens!!!  I LOVE ICE!  Here is a pic of my nightly routine.

First of all, I know you love the socks!  Secondly, and I don't know why, my left leg looks oddly small in this picture...peg leg!!!  I use the red packs on my shoulders and upper arms, the blues are for legs, primarily, and the black one wraps around my arms (usually elbows).  Getting beat up in the gym all the time, the ice is crucial to cutting inflammation, and thereby easing pain and allowing for quicker recovery...and a quicker return.  Thus, ICE = GROWTH!

With that gem of info, until next time!  Hopefully tomorrow...

1 comment:

  1. This is an educational post!

    Guess I'll just get you some ice for Christmas.

    ReplyDelete