Current Stats

Total weight lifted 2015: 3.6 M lbs
('14-6.5M, '13-6.6M, '12-8M, '11-5.2M)
Total cardio logged 2015: 22.0 hours
Current body weight 301 lbs, Height 6'8

Here's my lifting progress!






Progress!

Progress!

Sunday, November 11, 2012

The rest of the week - log day and a day of pain!

I got a bit behind this week!  On Thursday I went out to Brian's and we did log-press on an incline working up to a few sets of 6 on 230.  Here is a video of Big Brian, as opposed to me, Little Brian as I barely clear 300 lbs of body weight.  I didn't film myself, but this will show Thursday's main lift, at least, and not to worry, as I walk into frame at the end to prove I was really there!


Yesterday, Brian and I drove down to Springville to lift with Van.  Much like last week, I left feeling like a pansy.  The good news is I am getting stronger!  Here is what we did:

Clean and press medley
     warm-ups, up to 260 on log and 215 on axle (quite a few sets!)
     I pressed the axle, but never tried on the log as I didn't want to hurt my shoulders
Deadlift
     warm-up on 245 on straight bar and 235 on axle
     356 x 3, 456 x 2, 546 x 1
     Deadlift and hold for time on axle with 300 lbs.  I had my hand taped so barely made 24 sec.
          This was done with both hands facing backwards which made it very tough!
Strongman Cardio Medley
     Each set as follows:
          Using 115 lbs - 6 cleans, 6 squat presses, 6 upright rows, 6 bent rows (never drop)
          10 heavy kettle bell pull-throughs up over shoulder
          10 squat then throw 40 lb medicine ball to about 12 feet against wall
     We did this twice and at that point, Van and I were beat, so we called it!

If we hadn't done so many sets on the clean and press of both the log and the axle, I wouldn't have been so tired, but by the time we got to deadlift, I had nothing in me, so I was pretty happy to get as high as I did there.

On the hold for time, I simply couldn't compete as I had my hand taped-up.  On Wednesday, when I did deadlift lockouts, I ripped a callous off my hand, so I had it covered with tape which just slipped when holding the bar.  Brian held the axle for 25 seconds and Van for 30, so while I didn't get slaughtered, it wasn't a great showing...next time!

I've got some cuts and bruises...left hand callous, groin pull, forearm welts, etc, but mainly just sore all over the body...I'll pull through!!!

As always, thanks for reading!

1 comment: