Current Stats

Total weight lifted 2015: 3.6 M lbs
('14-6.5M, '13-6.6M, '12-8M, '11-5.2M)
Total cardio logged 2015: 22.0 hours
Current body weight 301 lbs, Height 6'8

Here's my lifting progress!






Progress!

Progress!

Thursday, August 2, 2012

Stretching...doctor's orders

So I went to see the orthopedist yesterday for my shoulder impingement, and as bad luck would have it, I have naturally bad acromion bones (left and right shoulders) which has given me shoulder issues.  While I feel pretty good right now, there is a limited amount of space for the rotator cuff to pass through.  There isn't much I can do about the bones, and the doctor hasn't recommended a possible arthroscopic surgery to shave off part of the bone, for now.  But in addition to my ongoing shoulder strengthening exercises, I was shown some interesting stretches which somehow hurt really bad while I'm doing them, but make me feel better after...fancy that!  Anyway, yesterday was all about stretching.  I stretched my shoulders a lot, and did a long full-body stretch too, spending upwards of 40 minutes on becoming limber!

My new routine from now on will include daily stretching.  I'll continue to do my shoulder specific lifts at least once a week while I focus on increasing my overall strength in hopes of competing in Utah's Strongest Man next year!

I had intended to lift with some people today, but my daughters are ill, so I will just be lifting alone at home in quarantine and will report on that later today.

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment